MiOTA - Nominations
2020 Call for Nominations for MiOTA Office
If you are interested in running for one of these positions, please submit a MiOTA Executive Commitee Board Member Nomination/Application Form to MiOTA by October 30th, 2020. The Election Ballots will be forthcoming. Candidates will be notified of election results within 15 days of the close of the election and membership will be notified via email blast within 15 days of the close of the election. In addition, election results will be shared in the next newsletter.
Nominees must agree to serve the position if elected. All positions are 2-year terms. Candidates must be members of AOTA, licensed in the State of Michigan and voting members of MiOTA. We ask that if elected, new officers participate in the Annual Fall Conference to allow for orientation to their position.
Description of Positions
The Membership director’s responsibilities are to:
- Appoint, with the approval of the Executive Committee, and oversee the Coordinators of Recruitment, Retention and Activation
- Appoint, with approval of the Executive Committee, the members of the Nominating Committee
- Serve as Leader of the Executive Committee in the absence of the Leader and the Communication Director
- Orient incoming elected director at least two (2) months prior to the first day of the fiscal year before the elected member assumes office.
- Perform other such duties as assigned by the Executive Committee.
- Report all pertinent activities to the Executive Committee and Association Assembly.
- Submit motions for Executive Committee and Association Assembly Action.
- Oversee the preparation of the budget for recruitment, retention and activation and Nominating Committee and monitor expenditures of these units.
- Recommend individuals to the Executive Committee for appointment to and oversee the activities of the following positions: Recruitment Coordinator, Retention Coordinator, Activation Coordinator, Nominating Committee
- Assume the Office of Leader of the Executive Committee in the absence of the Leader and the Director of Communications
- Prepare an annual report for the MiOTA Executive Committee to include, at a minimum: Activities and accomplishments, short and long term goals related to the Long Range Plan.
The Membership Director is a voting member of both the Executive Committee and Association Assembly.
Member at Large/Secretary:
The responsibilities of the Member-at-Large/Secretary include:
- The Member at Large/Secretary is charged with representing the interests of the Members of the Corporation.
- Record the minutes of all the meetings of the Corporation, including the Executive Committee and the Association Assembly.
- Maintain the history of the organization
- Call a Special Meeting of the Corporation
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Leader of the Executive Committee
- Act as Leader of the Executive Committee pro tem until a special election is held if the offices of the Leader and all Directors are vacant at the same time.
- Communicate substantive changes or revisions of the MiOTA Bylaws, as approved by the Executive Committee to the Membership.
- Orient incoming elected secretary at least two (2) months prior to the first day of the fiscal year before the elected member assumes office.
- Record minutes of the business meetings of the Corporation; retain original for Secretary’s file, and send copies to the MiOTA office, Executive Committee and Association Assembly members.
- Record minutes at all MiOTA Executive Committee, Association Assembly, and general membership meetings.
- Maintain a current Association Assembly Mailing list.
- Maintain the history of the organization.
- Check and ascertain at least annually the location of all equipment and non-expendable materials; provide a dated inventory to all members of the Executive Committee and report missing or lost items to the Executive Committee.
- Submit an annual report to the Executive Committee
- Sign Expense Vouchers provided by the Financial Director and return to the Financial Director for signature and submission to the Agent of the Corporation for payment.
The Member at Large/Secretary is a voting member of the Executive Committee and a voice only member of the Association Assembly.
Charged with assisting members to obtain necessary information regarding laws, rules and regulations and third-party reimbursement and serving as an avenue for membership to bring related questions to, as well as tracking current state and national health care legislation and reimbursement issues, as well as additional duties as outlined by the MiOTA Standard Operating Procedures.