MiOTA - Membership Benefits
Happy OT Month!
To celebrate OT Month we want to offer our current members 50% OFF
your next MiOTA membership renewal if you refer 1 NEW MiOTA member and 100% OFF (FREE)
your next MiOTA membership renewal if you refer 2 NEW MiOTA members during the month of April.
If you refer a new member please contact Keeli Baker at KBaker@mhsa.com
to make sure you receive your discount!
MiOTA is a voluntary professional association of occupational therapy practitioners who are dedicated to supporting the profession through advocacy and communication. MiOTA members are a proud group of engaged professionals who believe in the profession of OT in Michigan, today and in the future.Register for a MiOTA membership
- Support for the profession of OT within the state of Michigan through legislative and regulatory monitoring and lobbying efforts of MiOTA
- Have your interests in expanding payments and access to OT services represented by MiOTA with all major payors including Blue Cross, Medicare, Medicaid, managed care organizations, worker’s compensation and no fault auto insurance.
- Notification of continuing education opportunities
- Receive labels from membership lists
- Gain access to OT display board
- View free videos on pertinent topics and issues
- Become eligible for one of the annual MiOTA awards which recognize clinical excellence and professional contributions
- Participate in Special Interest Section activities within your clinical practice area
- Network with members in geographical areas through Chapter activities – membership in a Chapter is included in your MiOTA membership
- Become eligible for scholarships for OT and OTA students
- Find bargains on great OT gift items
- Receive quarterly newsletters highlighting issues and activities around the state: The MiOTA Newsletter
- Become eligible to serve your profession in MiOTA through committees, task forces or by running for an office on the Executive Committee
– May vote on all matters to come before the members to vote, may be eligible for office and serve on any committee subject to the qualifications established for the particular office or committee. OTA
–May vote on all matters to come before the members to vote, may be eligible for office and serve on any committee subject to the qualifications established for the particular office or committee. Student
– Individuals in an accredited professional or technical program of occupational therapy or a graduate of a program that have not yet achieved OT or OTA status. Student members may not vote and are not eligible to hold any office.First and Second Year New Grad
- Individuals who are within the first two years post-graduation from an accredited professional or technical program of occupational therapy or a graduate of a program that have not yet achieved OT or OTA status. Associate
– Individuals interested in occupational therapy but who are not eligible for OT or student membership status, must be invited by Executive Committee to become an associate member. Associate member may not vote and are not eligible to hold office. Honorary
– Individuals who have performed distinguished service in the field of occupational therapy and have OT or OTA membership status. Honorary members are members of MiOTA for life, with the payment of additional membership fees. They have the rights associated with OT or OTA membership status.Retired
– individuals who have ceased the active practice of occupational therapy and have attained age 65, have 20 years of active service in the field of occupational therapy and while active in practice were qualified for OT or OTA membership status.Click Here
to join MiOTA now!