MiOTA - Volunteer Opportunities
Volunteer Opportunity for Home Modifications Ad Hoc Committee
MiOTA is seeking a Communications Director, Chapter Leaders, and Networking Coordinator
If you are interested please contact – Cathleen Johnson, Leader of the Executive Committee (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Communications Director Role: VACANT
The Communications Director is responsible to report all pertinent activities to the Executive Committee and the Association Assembly. Submit motions for Executive Committee and Association Assembly action. Oversee preparation of the budget for the Newsletter, Website, Networking Committees, and listserv for the fiscal year and monitor expenditures of these units. Prepare articles for the Newsletter, including information submitted from all areas. Recommend individuals to the Executive Committee for appointment to and oversee the activities of the: Newsletter Coordinator, Website Coordinator, Networking Coordinator (who oversees Regional Chapters and SIS groups), and the Listserv Coordinator. This person is a voting member of the Executive Committee and the Association Assembly and will be expected to attend monthly meetings virtually.
Association Assembly Communications Department Sub Committees:
Website: Holly Grieves email@example.com
Listserv: Keeli Baker firstname.lastname@example.org
- The purpose of the MiOTA Website is to provide a communication vehicle and resource for information of importance to the citizens, customers, OT practitioners and OT/OTA students in the state of Michigan.
Newsletter: Robin Pegg email@example.com
- The purpose of the MiOTA Listserv is to provide a forum for member-to-member communication on clinical, policy and research issues relevant to the practice of OT in the state of Michigan.
Network Coordinator: Vacant
- The purpose of the MiOTA Newsletter is to provide a regular update to all members on issues and information pertinent to the practice of OT in the state.
- The role of the Networking Coordinator is to support and coordinate the activities of the grass-roots member groups within MiOTA that are structured around either geographic and practice areas.
Detroit Chapter: VACANT
Flint Chapter: Nancy Vandewiele firstname.lastname@example.org
Huron Valley Chapter: Adrienna Bartnicki email@example.com
Lansing Chapter: Dilyn Smith firstname.lastname@example.org and Cheri Ramirez CRamirez@shiabewell.org
Northwest Chapter: VACANT
Southwest Chapter: Deb Lindstrom email@example.com and Christine Vliestra firstname.lastname@example.org
Western Chapter: VACANT
Upper Peninsula: Kirsten Matthews email@example.com
Looking for volunteers to participate in the Ad Hoc Committee for Home Modifications. The Home Modification Ad Hoc committee will have two goals:
As many of you have noticed, occupational therapy is not leading the field of home modifications. Builders are being paid to design and recommend modifications for accessibility by the VA and many Medicaid programs.
- Promoting OTs as leaders in the home modification field.
- Advocating for funding for OTs and COTAs for home modifications from insurance companies as well as state and federal home modification programs.
In order to promote occupational therapy as leaders in the field of home modifications and to get funding for OT’s in home mods we need to work together. There are many federal and state programs with funding for home modifications and occupational therapy is not included in the funding.
The ad hoc committee for home modification occupational therapists needs home modification OTs including OTs thinking of going into home modifications to work together to get OT funded and to grow our market.
This year’s Lansing Lobby day will be highlighting Auto No-Fault,Home Modifications and Telehealth. Please plan on meeting in Lansing on February 27th to promote occupational therapy’s role in home modifications. Please sign up for the Home Modification Ad Hoc committee to hear about alerts and to lend a hand to promote OT’s as leaders in the field of home modifications.
If interested in volunteering or for the Home Mods Ad Hoc Committee, please click here to complete the registration form.