The Michigan Alliance of School Physical and Occupational Therapists (MASPOT) is an organization of prospective and current OT‘s, COTA's, PT‘s and PTA's who are affiliated with or have an interest in providing school-based therapy services. MASPOT began as a special interest section contained within the Michigan Occupational and Physical Therapy Associations and has evolved to provide a variety of unique educational, networking, and leadership opportunities for its members.
MASPOT supports members by providing evidence-based professional development for OT‘s and PT‘s with an emphasis on school-related topics. In addition, MASPOT:
- Provides a support network for OT‘s and PT‘s to facilitate the exchange of resources and expertise through scheduled zoom focus groups and access to a members only Facebook group
- Provides a forum for members to receive and provide information on trends and legislative action in their professions and special education
- Provides an opportunity for recognition and promotion by the organization on our website and social medial for contributions to the field
- Provides grant opportunities for therapists and students
- May offer opportunities for leadership through steering committee positions.
Please visit the MASPOT website for more information.