2023 Michigan Occupational Therapy Association Annual Fall Conference
Thursday, October 5th - Saturday, October 7th, 2023
Grand Hotel, Mackinac Island
The MiOTA Conference Committee is offering an opportunity for students to serve as student ambassadors for this year‘s Annual Fall Conference, scheduled for October 5-7, 2023. The conference will be held at the Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island. Hotel booking code soon to be announced.
1) Introduce speaker by reading their bio
2) Manage audio/video equipment
3) Manage audience questions
4) Remind participants to complete post session survey to receive certificate of attendance
5) Assist speaker with any other issues
1) You must be a member in good standing of MiOTA at the time you submit your application.
2) Submit a letter of recommendation from a college faculty member or program director to email@example.com.
3) Attend orientation meeting on Thursday, 10/5/23, at noon.
Why should you apply to be a Student Ambassador?
- Conference registration fee is waived for Student Ambassadors
- Build resume for future employment due to leadership skills and volunteerism
If you are interested in applying for this exciting opportunity please complete the online Student Ambassador Application by August 8th, 2023.
Information that will be asked of you on the online form includes:
- Your name, address, phone number, email address, MiOTA member ID#, school you are attending
- Areas of interest such as: General Topics: Pain/Human Trafficking/Diversity; Geriatrics / Home Health / Skilled Nursing; Pediatrics / Sensory Integration; Education; Psychosocial / Mental Health; Assistive Technology; Adult Rehabilitation / Hands
- Rating your comfort level with specific job duties
- A short essay (250 words or less) on why you would like to be a student ambassador
- Additionally, you must send a letter of recommendation from a faculty member or Program Director to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please click here to submit your Student Ambassador application. The application deadline is August 8th, 2023.