MiOTA - Conference FAQ
What does registration for conference include?
- Wednesday or Thursday virtual registrations available. Registering for a session either day will allow you to attend one synchronous session and the remaining sessions being presented that day will be available to you asynchronous for one month.
- Face to face registration includes breakfast and lunch and synchronous and asynchronous opportunities for the day(s) of registration.
- You may register for sessions on Friday or Saturday and attend virtually.
How many contact hours can I earn toward my licensure / registration renewal?
- Wednesday (1 hr. synchronous; 4 hr. asynchronous; total of 5 contact hours)
- Thursday (1 -2 hr. synchronous; 5 - 6 hr. asynchronous; total of 7 contact hours)
- Friday (7.5 hr. synchronous; 28 hr. asynchronous; total of 35.5 contact hours)
- Saturday (5.5 hr. synchronous; 20 hr. asynchronous; total of 25.5 contact hours)
- Entire Conference (includes Wednesday and Thursday) (16 hr. synchronous; 57 hr. asynchronous; total of 63 contact hours)
- Bonus contact hours for attending exhibitor sessions
Are there licensure renewal topics available during conference?
- Pain and diversity topics are available on both Friday and Saturday
What other networking or special events are available at conference this year?
- Welcome reception/Silent auction/Awards Ceremony will be held (Friday, October 1, 2021 at 5:15 pm) includes cocktails and hors d'oeuvres ($10).
- Scavenger hunt (face to face October 1, 2021 at 6:30 pm) will allow for alumni to be grouped into teams and provide opportunities to reconnect. Prizes will be awarded for best place team(s) - ($10).
- 5K (virtual or face to face: Friday, October 1, 2021 at 7 am) https://www.miota.org/annual_5k_race.php ($20).
- SIS meetings will occur during lunch from 11:45-12:45 both Friday and Saturday (free with registration).
What is the silent auction?
- The silent auction is an event that is run by the Friends of Occupational Therapy in Michigan which is a Political Action Committee. It helps raise funds to allow MiOTA to advocate for the profession of Occupational Therapy to ensure various needs within our state that range from reimbursement to protection of our areas of practice.
- Donations for Silent Auction items are being accepted
What is the awards ceremony?
- Every year at conference MiOTA recognizes the achievements of therapists within the state of Michigan.
- Please let MiOTA know about the work your peers may be doing by nominating them for an award.
- Accepting nominations until Sept 10, 2021
What happens after you register for conference?
- You will receive an email inviting you to download the “SCHED” app
- The virtual portion of the conference will utilized the Google Meet platform which is connected to the SCHED app
- Once you obtain the SCHED app you can select your schedule whether virtual or face to face
- Training webinars will be available for speakers to learn how to navigate the google meet platform and SCHED app.
- Each poster session is 20 minutes long.
- The SCHED app will require you to complete the post session quiz to obtain credit for both live and virtual sessions.
- The SCHED app will be tracking your attendance as well.
Are there registration discounts?
- Discounts for members, speakers and students
Who is the Keynote Speaker this year?
- Ben Atchison will present on “From the Darkness of Trauma Through the Doorways of Sanctuary, Adaptation, and Resilience”
- The presentation will occur on Friday, October 1, 2021 from 8:45 – 10:15 AM