MiOTA - Call for Speakers
2021 Michigan Occupational Therapy Association Annual Fall Conference
Thursday, September 30th - Saturday, October 2nd, 2021
Call for Speakers
Deadline: April 15, 2021
MiOTA is excited to invite therapists to share their research or expertise at our annual conference. The intent of conference is to advance the knowledge and skill set of therapists. The submission process has changed this year to an electronic format. We are planning to host the conference in a hybrid format both virtual and live sessions will be available. We will also be using the SCHED conference app again this year. To help potential presenters prepare their application the following information will be needed.
- Title of Presentation
- Lead presenter’s full name, credentials, email address, home address, phone number
- Co-presenters full name, credentials, email address, home address, phone number (4 additional presenters)
- Session abstract (A brief description of your evidence based presentation to entice attendance. The description should be 150 words or less and include how the presentation is relevant to OT)
- Poster abstract (A brief 150-word description should include background/significance, methods/materials, analysis, results, conclusion, limitations, and implications to practice)
- 3 course objectives
- 3-5 references
- 3 session quiz questions and answers
- Length of your session (1, 2, or 3 hours)
- Preference for presentation format (live, pre-recorded, virtual)
- Preference for which day of week
- Preference for time of day for presentation
- Level of presentation content (entry, intermediate, advanced, OT student)
- Category of presentation (Education, Students, Pediatric/Sensory Integration, Technology, General topics, Licensure topics: Pain, Human Trafficking, Diversity, Gerontology, Home Health, Skilled Nursing, Adult Rehabilitation, Hand Therapy, Mental Health)
Please note each presenter is REQUIRED to upload their presentation in PDF format into the SCHED conference app by September 8, 2021. Be sure your content has appropriate release of information / copy right permissions. The presentation will be placed on the website for up to 3 months after conference concludes. Your “handout” will be available online for participants to print themselves prior to conference.
Please click here when you are a ready to submit your Call for Speakers proposal.
Miscellaneous information for potential presenters include:
- All presenters MUST register for conference at minimum for the day of their presentation.
- If a submission is accepted the presenters will be notified by email and asked to upload their professional bio sketch of 150 words or less and photo into the SCHED conference app.
- All sessions will be recorded and be made available as a post-conference asynchronous session; this is why the quiz questions are so important.
- Presenters shall bring their own computer, slide advancers, etc.
- In person poster sessions will be a one-hour session
- Virtual poster presentations will have 20-minute slots.
- Poster dimensions should be 3’X5’ they will be displayed on easels with foam board support that has a dimension of 3’X5’
- We are looking for presentations on: Documentation, Reimbursement, Mental Health, Policy Changes, Productive Aging, Aging in Place, Ethics, Human Trafficking, Pain, Telehealth, Technology, Pediatrics, Assistive Technology, Augmentative Communication, Cancer Rehab, COVID, and Diversity.