Call for Speakers
2023 Michigan Occupational Therapy Association Annual Fall Conference
Thursday, October 5th - Saturday, October 7th, 2023
Announcing MiOTA's Call for Speakers for the Annual Fall Conference!
Grand Hotel, Mackinac Island
Room Rates include Breakfast and Dinner
Standard Room Interior View:
Single $315 / per night
Double Occupancy $195 / per person / per night = $390
Deluxe Room Lake View:
Single $385 / per night
Double Occupancy $230 / per person / per night = $390
To make hotel room reservations use the room booking code below
2023 Michigan Occupational Therapy Association
Room rates available until September 5, 2023 or when block is full
For student room rates
$145 / per person / per night with minimum of 3 & maximum of 4 in a room
Contact the MiOTA office
MiOTA is excited to invite therapists to share their research or expertise at our annual conference. The intent of conference is to advance the knowledge and skill set of therapists.
MiOTA is excited about your interest in presenting at our annual fall conference. We will again be asking for online registration. We will also be using the SCHED conference app again this year. To help potential presenters prepare their application the following information will be needed:
- Title of Presentation
- Lead presenter‘s full name, credentials, email address, home address, phone number, bio (150 words), photo
- Co-presenters full name, credentials, email address, home address, phone number, bio (150 words), photo
- Session abstract (A brief description of your evidence-based presentation written to entice attendance to your session. The description should be 150 words or less and include how the presentation is relevant to OT)
- Poster abstract (A brief 150-word description should include background/significance, methods/materials, analysis, results, conclusion, limitations, and implications to practice)
- 1-3 course objectives
- 3-5 references
- 1-3 session quiz questions written in true or false or multiple-choice format. Plan to submit all choice options and answers.
- Length of your session (1, 2, or 3 hours)
- Preference for which day of week
- Preference for time of day for presentation
- Level of presentation content (entry, intermediate, advanced, OT student)
- Category of presentation (Education, Students, Pediatric/Sensory Integration, Technology, General topics, Gerontology, Home Health, Skilled Nursing, Adult Rehabilitation, Hand Therapy, Mental Health; and Licensure topics: Pain, Human Trafficking, Diversity)
Please note each presenter is REQUIRED to upload their presentation in PDF format into the SCHED conference app by September 15, 2023. Be sure your content has appropriate release of information / copy right permissions. The presentation will be placed on the website for up to 3 months after conference concludes. Your handout will be available online for participants to print themselves prior to conference.
Please click here when you are a ready to submit your Call for Speakers proposal.
Deadline for submission is April 15th, 2023.
Miscellaneous information for potential presenters includes:
- All presenters MUST register for conference, at minimum, for the day of their presentation.
- Presenters shall bring their own computer, slide advancers, etc.
- In person poster sessions will be a one-hour session
- Poster dimensions should be 3‘X5‘ they will be displayed on easels with foam board support that has a dimension of 3‘X5‘
- We are looking for presentations on: Documentation, Reimbursement, Mental Health, Policy Changes, Productive Aging, Aging in Place, Ethics, Pain, Telehealth, Technology, Pediatrics, Assistive Technology, Augmentative Communication, Cancer Rehab, COVID, and Implicit Bias.